Monday, September 17, 2007

from the mountains to the sea and more...




I am sharing some of my many pictures. As Grandma Claudia I think I am a real, real grandmother and what a great feeling it is. I know I have not used my camera to take pictures like I probably should. As a matter of fact, just this past week when Caroline was here, I got my camera out and started to take a picture and she had stopped coloring and had moved on to something else and that moment that I wanted to catch was gone. I just cannot think fast enough!

Steph and David took Caroline to the mountains of NC and to Tweetsie Railroad in Blowing Rock, which is a highlight of the mountains for the children. I well remember taking our sons there when they were small. I got some pictures in an email from Steph this morning and also we have made plans for me to go with she and Caroline next week to Dan Nicholas Park and I am looking so forward to going. My sons both have been many times, but I have not been, so not only will I have something new to see, I will have a fun time watching Caroline see all the new things they have added and the old things too.Thank you Steph for asking me to go along!!

We are having cool temperatures here right now and I am just absolutely loving it. I talked to our son in Ohio last night and he said it was down right cold at nights there, but warm enough during the day. They are settling into their new home and are busy with hanging pictures, buying extra furniture due to the extra rooms than their prior home in Maryland. The basement has a built-in entertainment center with a big screen built in tv and surround sound so they have ordered some theater chairs, a small sofa and table to use there. The yard chairs I think are becoming a tad uncomfy. :) I am hoping to visit them next summer, no way am I going to Cleveland in the winter. We cannot go as a family because of Mrs. Bunting and Roxy. Since I love flying and Jerrell refuses to ever fly again, I am quite willing and excited about flying to Ohio next summer and spending some time with my oldest son, Silvia and our step granddaughter, Cynthia. Cynthia is so active in so many things, I will shoot for a week that she is not in a camp or something else. I was hoping she would really get into basketball as we are all big basketball fans, but her love is tennis, which ranks high for us too. She is getting private lessons from what I understand is a very good instructor, so with her given talent, I know she will do well.

Life is good. I am so thankful for all my many blessings and the top on my list is my family and friends. Without them and Roxy, my life would not be complete. I thank the Lord for all his goodness and mercies to me every day! I thank you all for being here and making my blogging all worthwhile. I hope you all have a great day!


God Bless!

9 comments:

Marci said...

That Caroline is an absolute Doll Baby. I am glad you share your pictures of her with us!!!

If you come to Ohio you will only be about 2 hours from my house!!!

Kristi said...

Hi MooBear! Loved the pics of Caroline! She's just so cute. My kids love going to Blowing Rock and Tweetsie. I'm sure Caroline had a great time too.

Love ya,
~Kristi

L. said...

Hi Claudia....for some reason I cannot see a picture...just a white screen. Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm glad to hear you sounding so good as you count your many blessings.

Take care, my friend,
xoxo
Grammie

Moobear said...

Thank you so much Marci and ~Kristi for your comments. And Grammie I have not heard anyone say they could not see the pictures, but my youngest son told me last week that my sidebar was gone. I can see it, but he can't. It does say Error on page for me right now, but then it does that at lots of places. I do not know what to do differently. If anyone has any ideas, I sure would appreciate hearing from you. Thank you all and have a great day!

L. said...

For some reason tonight I am able to view your WONDERFUL pictures!

I updated a couple of things on my computer and maybe that is why it worked?!

Anyway, I loved seeing them!
xoxo

Moobear said...

Hey Grammie! Glad you got to view the pictures, sometimes I have the same problems at folks' sites. I am always glad to see you have visited, thank you so much. Have a good day Grammie!

Barbara said...

The grand children are darlings.
Gosh how I remember Blowing Rock and Boone. Had many visits there.
Do you know the Alpen Acres Motel?

Moobear said...

Hi Barbara!

Thanks for the visit and the comment. I well remember Blowing Rock and Boone as I went to college in Boone, but I do remember seeing the motel, but never stayed there. Btw I have no grandchildren, just a step grand daughter and Caroline is the daughter of my former daughter in law by her new husband. :) I love her just as much as she were blood grandchild, but she does call me Grandma Claudia which makes my heart go putter putter! Have a great day/night Barbara!

Anonymous said...

She's so adorable it's hard to take your eyes off her!