Thursday, May 31, 2007

a long, long morning

Welp I cannot see good apparently. I woke up this morning and was nauseated, which is not uncommon for me. I looked over at the clock and saw it was 8:12 and I got up, much to my rather nots. I had not gotten in bed til 12:30 so I felt fairly ruff. I go to the kitchen and notice the coffee is on and hot cause I always make coffee at night for the hubby in the mornings. So I sit and read the newspaper a bit and glance up at the clock and it says 6:30. I shook my head and looked at the microwave and it had 6:30 so there I sat two hours fore I needed to be beginning another wonderful day in the life of Moobear.

I had some extra time so I usually like to check my email first thing so I come in here and I see something that tickles me pink. As I mentioned I have been searching and searching for some info on my dad that was killed before I was born. Mama and Dad had just found out that this wonderful "me" was on the way and bam- he gets killed.

All my life the two families have been kinda like the Cowboys and the Indians as not so much as to how he was killed, as he was hit by a car, very simple, but differed on why he got hit by the car. My mother having being there; I figured knew the correct version better than the Indians did. The Indians kept telling me he was a working on his car, had the hood up and turned to walk to the back of the car to get a tool out of the truck and bam he got hit. Well my mama told me he was breaking up a fight and got shoved out in front of the car. Close, but not exactly right. Sparing me maybe....

So I finally made some contact with a live chat person at a Colorado site and they referred me to the Pikes Peak newspaper who might could help me- so off goes an enquiry to them about the death of my dad on September 4, 1943. Thinking it was so long ago I knew it was a long shot. I gave them the needed info and went on my merry way.

Well bless Pat this morning I see an email from them, opened it and they told me that they had the details on my dad's death. I bout croaked. It was in PDF form which I detest to the nth degree, cause I do not know how to wiggle around that place. Anyhow I opened the PDF file and there it was... on the front page even! Well I hafta be honest I got the cold chills and as nervous as I possibly coulda been, yet excited even at 6:45 in the morning. Yay me! I proceeded to read about my Dad. I am also waiting on his military records. I requested them online and they will come by snail mail. The other item is a whole nother story.. :) I had folks wanting to see both, so I killed two birds with one stone.

The bottom line is this, if he had been home that Saturday night at 9:30 with his pregnant wife and his two year old son, he might not have gotten hit by no car. Now that is just my opinion.

Mamamouse and Connie you are both right in your comments and thank you for them. Thank you for straightening me out! And I do generally make somebody laugh if I happen to get out and be around folks. It just happens, cause I am truly witty in more ways than one.. thank you both so much for reading and commenting. Mamamouse I am so glad you back and Connie what would I do without you? You are precious and I love you both!

I gotta run, gotta get my hair done today and even with getting up early I am still running behind.
Have a good one folks!

A PS... Mamamouse I am sorry that you are not in good health and I hafta understand also that I am not on disability for the fun of it. I had far rather be well as I am sure you do, so if this is about all we can do, then I am just going to be blessed that I can do this much and Thank the good Lord for giving me the strength that I do have. I fail in being more thankful, more in my mind than in my heart. Also Jana, thank you hon as your comment just came in. You are loved as well! Have a blessed day all of you. Hang in there Mamamouse and Connie please remember me and Mamamouse in your prayers. Good day.

God Bless!


Anonymous said...

Oh Moo ... you ARE in my prayers as are all my friends both on line and off. Of course there are FAR more on line .....

And Jana made me laugh on a previous post, telling you to drink lots of water and pee all night if you have to 'cause it will at least get you up and moving! LOL While very true .... disturbed sleep isn't good for you either. There MUST be a happy medium there don't you think? Maybe drink the water early in the day .... and go dry in the evening. Might keep the old kidneys and bladder from working overtime while you're trying to sleep.


Jana said...

I'm glad you found out about your
Dad, though I'm sorry it wasn't what you were hoping to find out. I'm doing some family research too - my brother told me yesterday that he has a 50 year old picture of my great-grandfather Stuart Hornbek, grandfather Victor Hornbek, his dad David Walker, and him, Brian at 2 years old. I can't wait till he sends it to me and I can share it with my Blog family.

Please don't take my "advise" and drink water and stay up peeing all night, that wasn't what I meant. I was trying to say that if you drink a lot of water and pee a lot then you're getting up outta your chair - which is a good thing. Like I told Mickey, I'm not a professional, not a doctor and not trained to diagnose treat or cure any illness. I can only speak from personal experience. Water is the only medication I know of that has no side-effects listed on the bottle. =-). Hugs to you too!

Sassy Sistah said...

Oh wow, Claudia! How exciting - and probably not a little - well - maybe upsetting. But at least you KNOW. Good for you for pursuing this. You're in my prayers. Love...