Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween...


The buggers will be out today and that will include me shortly. Who, but my husband, would make us a dentist appointment on Halloween Day. It just seems a bit weird to me, as it goes against my grain anyways and specially on Halloween. The appointments are at the same time, so you know who will have to sit and wait. Me. But that's ok, cause I love to play with my little pocket pilot in every office I getta chance to.

Of course Blogger ain't gonna cooperate as I am trying to load a picture and typing my post in my email as I always do. I would hate to think the Beta Blogger can possibly be any worse than THIS. Strike 2 on my picture as we speak. Lemme starter for the third go round. I have heard of bugs and heard of tweaking in the pc lingo, but I declare I dunno that Blogger ever tweaks anything. It is just the luck of the draw I am beginning to believe. One day all is fine and the next thing you know....strike 3!

I will perservere cause I intend to get my punkin picture on my blog because it won't be worth a toot tomorrow. I ain't believing this; I changed sides and the picture loaded. Boooooooo -must be a Blogger twick for us for Halloween! I just told Jerrell about my punkin and he said awww it must just be a right handed punkin. Good point there hubby of mine. Oh yeah I got the pleasure of him getting off early today since we got 3:30 appointments. He came in commenting about just feeling sure I would have him something good and hot for lunch today. Yeah, I laughed on my way to my recliner. Me and Roxy had already eaten and we have what we call around here a "make do". That is -you make do- the best way you can. The boys always hated to hear we was having them kinda meals when they got older. Me and Jeff often laugh about ole Kevin, swinging on the cabinet doors, back and forth and saying this: "I am Hung Gary" over and over and over. He would drive you nuts back then, but now all those Kooner tales are so funny to tell and hear. He even laughs at them now, cept they weren't all that funny to him when he was doing them. :) We always had nick names and Jeff still calls Kevin either The Kooner, Koonbug or Ken Ken Kennery. Well, so do I. Jeff is either JP, Jeffrey Paul, Young Jeffrey or just plain J.

There is alot of family funnies that could make for a good Halloween blog, but I am running short on time and don't wanna bore you good folks no more than I feel justified in doing. I ain't even made all my blog rounds yet. I got as far as Janet's place and left there slap worn out just reading about all the work that woman done just yesterday. I never done work like that when I was able so it was sorta like a double dose of labor to Moo. I ain't never worked in the yard. I did mow the backyard a few times years ago on the first few riding mowers we had, but only cause it was so long I didn't hafta dodge nothing and I still stayed all tensed up, just like I did when I tried to play Pacman with the Atari years ago too. That game would tear my nerves up even when I was young. I guess it's good I didn't have no games like that when I was a kid. I was born at the right time , cause that tobacco stick horse is about all I could handle til I got my first bicycle and then I was all over that town. The tobacco stick and a towel made for a day of cowboys and indians and then I became Superman with the towel tried around my neck. How many of you folks rode a tobacco stick? I betcha I ain't the only one.

I am outta here. Please have a safe and happy goblin day and be good to all the younguns...


God Bless!

6 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

I did claudia, I rode a tobacco stick. I also had a stick that we used to roll a bicycle wheel. You know, just the rim...without the tire? Ever do that?

Teresa said...

Happy Halloween! Sorry you have to go to the dentist today. I am one of the world's biggest chickens when it comes to the dentist. I'm not fond of doctors either, but I go when I have to. The punkin picture is cute. Those King Cavalier Spaniels have the sweetest faces.

Marci said...

Claudia, I hope all goes well at the dentist. I hate to go to the dentist.

I love to hear all your stories.

God bless...

Anonymous said...

I'm still tired from all that work! I love reading your stories, you aren't boring at all. Didn't Kevin ruin the cabinet doors swinging from them?

Moobear said...

Hi clara, teresa, marci and Janet. Thanks for coming and clara I felt like you might have been blessed with a tobacco stick growing up too.
Teresa and Marci, I made it ok at the dentist yesterday. I got several more trips as he has some projects to do on me. Oh me oh my!
Janet, them particular two cabinet doors do squeak alot, but never attributed it to the Kooner, but most likely a shot of WD-40 would cure them.
Have not made my rounds yet today, but thanks for stopping by.


God Bless!

Kristi said...

For Christmas last year, my Brother-in-law bought Hannah one of those Pac Man games that plugs into the television. I have a lot of fun with it. LOL

~Kristi